Birmingham Cityscape by night Broad Street Brindley Place Botanical Gardens Selfridges, Bullring Canal at  Brindley Place Council House, Victoria Square The Mailbox Selfridges, Bullring Birmingham by night

Film Birmingham is the first stop for filming requests. Instead of calling different departments within Birmingham City Council for things like permissions to film, parking and road closures, just contact us. We’ll contact all the relevant council departments – and even West Midlands Police – on your behalf.

Birmingham’s Film Charter shows Birmingham City Council’s commitment to making filming as easy and efficient as possible. Our system means that you only have one initial point of contact for filming requests.

How to make a filming request

1. Send us your request

Complete the filming request form online. This allows Film Birmingham to identify exactly where you will require council involvement before filming starts. You will be given the opportunity to agree to the Terms & Conditions and to upload your Public Liability insurance document (minimum £5m).

You will also be asked to confirm that you will undertake the relevant Risk Assessments; read the Risk Assessment guidelines to make sure you will comply with our preferred practice.

2. We’ll do the rest

Once we have received your request, Film Birmingham will contact the relevant Council departments and West Midlands Police on your behalf. Birmingham City Council has a nominated officer in each department to deal with filming requests. We’ll email your filming permit when the process is successfully complete.

3. When filming is complete

When filming is complete, you must return a confidential Economic Impact form within 28 days.

If you have any questions, please contact Sindy Campbell or phone 0121 464 9305.